Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Wet Wednesday

I thought it was a perfect day for a ride today, slightly cloudy and 20 C (70 F) with not much wind. So I decided to saddle up at lunch time and get my ride in before it got hot.

It sounded like a good plan but little did I know that the rains would start about 20 minutes into the ride and continue for most of the remainder.  I was soaked by the time I got back, and my legs looked well tanned until I had my shower and the mud washed off.

The route that I decided started on a gradual downhill that ran south to the reservoir then along the reservoir followed by a hard ride up the hill and home.

I used the panorama feature on the iPhone to capture the headwaters where the Elbow river flows into the reservoir.

July17-1

This is a picture of the right hand side of the panorama in regular mode.

July17-2

Quite the difference eh?

This is a look across the water to the sailing school that my son is attending for the next 3.5 weeks.  I don’t think his boat is out there.

July17-3

It is really one big boat 22’ Catalina and the small boats I think are Opti’s.

My lunchtime ride in the rain was my Stage 17 of Le Tour Challenge (only 13 km shorter today). I rode 24 km in 1:08:40.

Longest ride of this year and my legs are letting me know it.

Plod on.

No comments: